We are currently seeking a fourth surveyor to meet the growing demand for our services. As a practice we are dynamic and forward thinking and there is abundant opportunity for a Party Wall Surveyor to develop and grow within our business and at the same time learn other specialisms within the practice.
• Supporting the Consultant Surveyor and Michael Tibbatts to accept appointments under the ’96 Act
• Assist with making and serving awards in accordance with the provisions of the ’96 Act
• Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements (or an appointing owner’s concerns) and undertaking feasibility studies;
• Performing risk, value management and cost control;
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
As well as the ability to work effectively in a team, you’ll need excellent communication and interpersonal skills. We want to work with people, who are proactive and very keen to develop their career as a residential chartered surveyor. You should also be able to demonstrate potential leadership skills – including the ability to make decisions, manage resources and negotiate at all levels.
• Recent graduate from an RICS accredited course, i.e.: Quantity Surveying or Property Management.
• A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving;
• Strong numeracy and financial skills;
• The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
• A knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, together with business and legal matters through a formal graduate education.
The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week Monday – Friday inclusive 9am – 6pm and will receive a salary of £22,000 – £24,000 per annum. The start date for the role is the summer of 2016.
Anyone interested in this exciting opportunity, should send their CV with covering letter to:
Scrivener Tibbatts – Chartered Surveyors
2 St Mark’s Place
Alternatively your CV and covering letter can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the reference ‘website’ on your application.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18 March 2016.